Hello my DIY domestic goddesses!
Following on from my last post of nautical bedroom ideas, my first task was to decide on colours. I loved the pale/baby blue wall colour from the Lazy Days guest bedroom photo, so I went to my favourite DIY store, B&Q, to check out their Colours range.
The 3 tester pots above are (from left to right) Clear Sky, Water and Sky. I liked the look of the colour Sky best, but it's always a good idea to buy tester pots so that you can paint a patch on the wall and get an idea of how it will look once it's dry. It turned out that Sky was a bit too dark, and Water, which is a kind of duck egg colour, was a bit too green, and would probably be suited better to a baby's nursery or something similar.
Next task - decorate the room! Well, to be more precise, undecorate the room! Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of what the room looked like before it was painted, but it had dark brown doors, dark blue carpet, a kind of grey-pink textured wallpaper, and beige curtains. A bit of a mess! It was certainly satisfying to remove the wallpaper anyway!
It's not a great photo but it's the only one I can find from before the accessories and furniture went in. This is the colour of the walls after it had been painted, it's a lovely sky blue colour (hence the name, Clear Sky!) and it is a perfect base for the nautical accessories and furniture that I will be putting in it!
I decided on a wood laminate flooring, also from B&Q. This one was quite reasonable, and I always try to buy expensive and bulky items like this when they are on offer - these were all 25% off so I managed to save about £50 - result! Do you like the little wavy door handles for the cupboard? I bought this in a little shop in Canterbury, but I can't remember the name. It mainly sells handles and has anything you could imagine!
Also, whilst I was in B&Q, I found this lovely canvas painting which was a bargain at £9.99:
Perfect! I love beach huts and the colours in this canvas compliment the wall colour beautifully. I even put the nail in the wall, attached the canvas to the picture hook and hung it on the wall all by myself! Girl power! Check back soon when I will show you the cutesy little accessories I bought for the room!
Bye for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment