Happy Saturday!
It's a perfect time for me to sit down and share some more of my nautical design ideas with you. As you may remember, last week I showed you the colour ideas for the paint, and the lovely beach hut canvas I picked up from B&Q.
Next thing for me to do was decide on furniture and furnishings to give the room that beach-kissed look! I wanted to furnish the room on a bit of a budget, especially as I still have the whole house to decorate yet!
I decided on plain white, lined curtains, as I wanted them to look a little bit like sails on a boat, if that doesn't sound too strange! Do you know how difficult it was to find the right size, reasonably priced, plain, white curtains? I looked everywhere, but eventually found these on Amazon.co.uk. They are ring topped, as I find all that messing around with curtain rings and hooks time-consuming and fiddly!
You might be able to see the little tie-backs in the photo - these are my own creation and I will explain more about these later. I have a net curtain in the window at the moment (it was there when I moved in) and I'm not sure whether to keep this or not - what do you think?
This is my idea for bedside drawers - the white two-tier unit and baskets are both from B&Q www.diy.com and I thought they were just perfect for the look I am trying to create. I toyed with the idea of tying some rope to the handles but decided to leave them as is for now.
I already have a very standard double divan bed in the spare room, so thought I'd splash out on a new duvet set to give it a bit of a seaside makeover. It's surprising, again, how few shops and online retailers produce reasonable nautical bed covers - I didn't want to be spending too much but I wanted them to be just right. So I found these on Amazon.co.uk (it's becoming a firm favourite for furnishings, which I never thought could be possible!):
This is the pillowcase for the set, and I love the navy and white stripe pattern - it reminds me of a good old-fashioned deck chair on Brighton beach! The quality of the material isn't amazing, it could be a bit softer but it looks the part, and will probably only be used a few times a year when we have guests to stay, so until I find a set of better quality, this will be good enough!
Look at this lovely lightshade I found! I got it from a seller on ebay.co.uk called wallpaperlampshades, who creates every item to order, and offers a variety of colours and patterns for light and lamp shades, made from wallpaper materials. This one is perfect, and matches the duvet set beautifully! I might return for some smaller ones when I find suitable little bedside lamps!
Anyway, must dash. Check back to see the lovely little ornamental nautical things I found out and about!
Bye for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment