Sunday, 4 March 2012

Nautical Beginnings...

Ahoy there!

My name is Emma and this is my very first blog post for my very first blog, so I'll explain what it's about.  Just over a year ago I bought a house and moved in, and the interior decorating was awful.  Mismatching carpets, wallpaper (yuk) and curtains that looked like they had been there for at least 30 years.  It all had to go.

In the year I have been living here, I, along with the help of my other half (who does all the difficult things like laying flooring, scraping Artex and hanging doors!) have been gradually improving the look of the house.  The inspiration for this blog came about when I realised how time-consuming it is to decide on a colour scheme for a room, and then find accessories to match the theme and colours!

My spare room is now almost complete, and it has a nautical theme, hence the name of the blog.  I've always loved anything nautical or seaside-y and would love to live by the sea one day but until then, I will have to make do with nautical decoration and accessories.

If you like interior design and accessorising, nautical-themed or not, then hopefully this blog will give you some ideas and inspiration. 


Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment