Sunday, 4 March 2012

Some inspiration...

Hello DIY domestic goddesses!

Following on from my previous introductory post, this one aims to show you where I got my inspiration from, and how I turned my ideas into interiors!  Firstly, I used everyone's favourite starting place, Google, to look for some pictures of nautical themed bedrooms. I found a lot of ideas for boys bedrooms, which were great, but not really suitable for my own spare room. 



This one I liked, as it was not too tacky and I like the simplicity of the blue and white colour scheme.  This photo is from www.decoratingideasworld.net, which is a site which gives you ideas of how you can decorate your rooms, but unfortunately information on where you can buy the materials and accessories is a bit lacking, which is what I aim to put right on this blog!  What do you think of this next idea?:



I think this idea is lovely, but a little extravagant and most probably out of my price range!! This photo is from www.izismile.com which shows other photos of this amazing design by Steve Kuhl.  I love the rope bridge leading up to the boat!  I then found this photo from www.lazydaysnewquay.co.uk:



This is the design of a room in a guest house called Lazy Days Guest House in Newquay, Cornwall.  I went to Cornwall once when I was 7 and I loved it! But then again, I love pretty much anywhere with a decent coastline!  Back to the photo - I love the blue, white and wood effect theme, and I think out of all the photos I found on the internet (and there were A LOT!), this one has inspired my spare room the most.  Now all I had to do was find paint colours, furniture and accessories for my very first nautical themed room!

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment